Time Capsule

This records my personal memories, thoughts, and other miscellany.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

My wife Sue and I are retired and have lived in the same house for over 30 years. Our local family consists of son Mason, daughter Katrina, son-in-law Dan, granddaughter Natalia, and grandson Joel, all living in the same metropolitan area where we live.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Typical Saturday

This has been a typical Saturday at our house. My wife and I fixed lunch for our family -- son, daughter, son-in-law, granddaughter, and grandson. This week, we tried a new Italian baked spaghetti recipe, a tried-and-true antipasto salad, and foccacia bread sticks dipped in olive oil, plus home-made brownies. As usual, we had lots of good conversation, while the food quickly disappeared. After clean-up, we selected two boardgames and two card games to play. Our granddaughter prefers to do her own things, but did play the card game Bohnanza with us. Our grandson likes to play any game with the adults, so we selected two games that allow six players -- Settlers of Catan and Around the World in 80 Days. We five adults played a card game new to us for the first time -- Boomtown. As always, we all had a great time -- friendly competition, laughs, good conversation, and just plain fun. Everyone left a little after dark, and my wife and I settled into our usual evening routine -- she watches her TV shows in the family room, while I read, watch some TV, and do some computing downstairs. Ah, yes, this is the way retirement is supposed to be.