Time Capsule

This records my personal memories, thoughts, and other miscellany.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

My wife Sue and I are retired and have lived in the same house for over 30 years. Our local family consists of son Mason, daughter Katrina, son-in-law Dan, granddaughter Natalia, and grandson Joel, all living in the same metropolitan area where we live.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Blog Work

This has been sort of an odd day. I worked on blog issues today. I added several links to this blog, which required some simple HTML work. Fortunately, last year, I completed a basic course in HTML online through About.com. It was an interesting study, and I was pleased to work through it and understand it. Of course, I have done nothing with it since then, so I assumed I would not remember much, if any, of it. I was surprised to discover that I recalled quite a bit of it, once I began looking at the HTML of this blog. I should try to find all my notes from the class, to use here.

I plan to add some photos and graphics to my blog, but have not taken the time to work on those aspects, yet. I did want to post some short writings I have done in the past, but didn't want them to be scattered throughout this blog, showing up only by date posted. So, I set up a separate blog just for the writings and linked the blogs to each other.

Yesterday, I received an invitation to write an article for another blog, and I spent some time today doing that. I assume it will be accepted and posted, perhaps at the end of this week. However, I do not believe my public writings are very interesting to anyone else, so it may be the only article I am invited to write for another blog. If so, that's okay -- I'll probably write some things for my own amusement from time to time and post them on my other blog.

I read a few chapters today in the science fiction book I'm currently reading -- Polaris, by Jack McDevitt. This is the second book by this author that I've read, the first being Chindi. The fact that I cannot recall anything about that first book indicates to me that I am not a strong fan of his. So far, I haven't decided whether I really like Polaris. I have already purchased a third book by McDevitt -- Seeker. If I am unimpressed by Polaris, I may not even read Seeker, but will just donate it to the public library. But, if I finally get into Polaris, I'll give Seeker a try. I have way too many other books, by authors I really enjoy, to spend time on books for which I have only a marginal interest. In fact, I'd much rather re-read good books I've already read, than to waste my time on books that don't really grab me.

Other than the above, I don't feel like I've accomplished much today. It was somewhat an odd day.